Sleepless nights have become a lot more common in lieu of our busy, fast paced lives. Dealing with irregular sleep or insomnia poses a long list of challenges that can be difficult to overcome. Stressing on the importance of good sleep, we celebrate World Sleep Day on the Friday before Spring Vernal Equinox of every year. Held annually since 2008, World Sleep Day is observed to raise awareness on the importance of sleep in our lives. On this day, we approach sleep with a call to action, highlighting important issues that are related to sleep and how it impacts our overall well being. The aim is to leverage the burden of sleep related problems and to prevent and better manage various sleep disorders in society.
This year, World Sleep Day coincides with Holi in India, and is being held on the 18th March. Now you have an excuse to indulge in a longer nap post your exhausting Holi celebrations. Since sleep is essential for you to function at your very best, overlooking your need for slumber can have an adverse effect on a number of your physical and mental faculties. Chronic negligence could even lead to a decrease in your overall quality of life. One way to rectify your sleep schedule would be to opt for a smartwatch to track your daily sleep.
Make room for sleep with these easy steps
To help you better manage your sleeping habits; we have put together a list of some simple yet effective lifestyle changes that can have a positive impact on your quality of sleep.
- Maintain a proper bedtime routine by sleeping and rising at the same time.
- Day time siestas can be extremely compelling; however it is best to keep day time naps under 45 minutes.
- Abstain from stimulants such as coffee, chocolates, sodas, tobacco, etc. approximately 4 to 6 hours before going to bed.
- A bed time snack can be conducive to sleep if it is not excessively spicy or sweet.
- Going for a post dinner walk or light stretching by your bed side can help you fall asleep faster.
- The same mattress doesn’t necessarily offer the same comfort to different people. Look for one that suits your needs.
- A dark room can ensure that you slumber through the night peacefully. Leaving a table lamp or bed side light on, can disrupt your quality of sleep.
- Working or indulging in any recreational activities during the night isn’t healthy to your sleep and health in the long run.
Tracking your sleep
-Modern smartwatches offer you the ability to track your sleep in a dynamic way. Find out the number of hours you spend in light, deep and REM sleep, along with your average total sleep time. Identify areas of restlessness and work on improving your overall quality of sleep. If you are looking for a reliable smartwatch with sleep tracking, you can explore our exciting collection of Noise smartwatches. Ensure that you stay energised and productive during the day by tracking your sleep on your very own Noise smartwatch.